Saturday, February 22, 2014

8/52

8/52
Starting to realize what this whole 'big brother' thing really means...

 "A portrait of my child, once a week, every week, in 2014"
I found this book on Amazon for Avery to have once baby brother comes, but realized it would be better if he got a chance to read it before baby actually came. I don't know that he realizes what the book actually means for him, but he sure loves to point out the baby on all the pages. :)  The other day, I was folding laundry in his room and glanced over to find he had crawled up in the chair and was reading. I ran for my camera and he let me click away while he perused through 4-5 books (the boy LOVES books so much he didn't even notice me!). His face in this one was so priceless given the book he was reading. Maybe it's actually starting to sink in what's about to happen around here... or maybe not. Either way, we're as prepared as we can be!

I think my favorite thing about this photo is how similar it is to the photo below that my mom snapped of me when I was almost exactly Avery's age- the book I'm reading being equally fitting to the look on my face.
Linking up here

2 comments:

  1. What a classic photo - he is going to be such a great big brother!!!! I bet you are getting so ridiculously excited!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious of Avery reading a book about becoming a big bro! And that is too funny what you were reading in your throw-back pic!!!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete