Tuesday, September 2, 2014

35/52

35/52
New 'do!
A portrait of my Avery, once a week, every week, in 2014

I cut Avery's hair this week. 
Now, this is probably the fourth or fifth time I've cut it but this time I got a little scissors happy and immediately regretted it. In 20 minutes time, I turned my baby into a much older looking boy and I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a few tears. I cut it in the morning and it took me until after naptime until I was ready to accept that it wasn't going to magically grow back. Once I came to terms with it, I took a few photos and Avery was so proud of his new 'do that he gave me some pretty cute smiles :)

Seeing so many back-to-school photos today makes me so so so grateful I have a couple more years at home with this boy. He may look like a 5-year-old lately but I'm nowhere near ready to share him with kindergarten. (obviously. I can't even cut his hair without becoming overwhelmed!)

Linking up here

No comments:

Post a Comment