Monday, May 21, 2012

Mommy Moment - Full Term!


Since it's taken me a week to upload this last 'baby page', I am now over 37 weeks and am therefore, full-term! We've made it! Baby is getting bigger by the day and is very active... so much so that I think sometimes he's trying to work his way out on his own! My hospital bag is packed (well, almost) and we're ready whenever he decides it's time! Although I think I'm going to miss having him squirming around inside my belly all day, I'm getting so ready to meet this little guy... to see what he looks like, what his personality will be like, how BIG he is :) It's exciting that we've come so far and any day now he will be out in the world!

I'm excited to say that once baby gets here, I'm going to transition into being a stay-at-home-mommy! I won't be going back to work - at least for the first year. The company I work for has been so generous as to allow me a job back whenever I want - on a full or part-time basis, which I think is really awesome. This will allow me to stay home as long as we can make it work - or I can go back for a few days a week here and there if I want. It really gives me a lot of options. I'm excited to spend time with my baby and not feel like I was cheated out of time with him when he's so little. 

I've transitioned from reading about labor and delivery stories (I'm not going to say I'm an 'expert' on the topic or anything, but I'm as prepared as I think I can possibly be... I'm keeping an open mind) to taking in as much information about breastfeeding as I can. I'm determined to make it work - I know it's going to be a challenge, but I'm ready to face it. Like labor and delivery, breastfeeding is one of those things I can't really practice... which kills me, but I'm trying to get as much information as I can so there are no surprises and again - I'm keeping an open mind. I know the benefits will far outweigh any struggles I face, so I know it will be worth it in the end. 

Since I'm going to be staying at home with the little Olive, I've also chosen to use cloth diapers-

I chose to go with Bum Genius Elementals - they got great reviews and they are an All-In-One diaper (meaning I won't have to use any 'pocket inserts' or anything, just throw the whole thing in the washer) and are One Size, which means they have multiple snaps that will grow with baby and we won't have to invest as much in buying new sizes. We are probably going to start off with disposables for the first few weeks until we get the hang of parenting (and the All In One diapers I chose seem really big for such a little bum!) but then we'll transition to cloth - If you have used cloth diapers and have any words of wisdom, I'd love to hear it! Wish us luck!


...and just for fun, I wanted to document what's happening inside my belly at this point in time - here's a little video of baby's dance party yesterday afternoon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment