Saturday, April 5, 2014

14/52

14/52
My brown-eyed boy

"A portrait of my Avery, once a week, every week, in 2014"

Just when we thought Avery was over his little cold, he woke up on Wednesday morning with his first stomach bug (complete with projectile vomiting at random and inopportune times). Oddly enough, besides the throwing up (which was heartbreaking to watch), he was in great spirits. A little cuddly at times but still the happy, energetic boy that I know and love. Thankfully, the sickness only lasted a day and now he's back to eating and drinking normally and unfortunately, mom gets a turn at the sickness... We've been laying low for a few days and have spent lots of time watching Sesame Street, reading books, and building blanket forts to hide from Bella.

At last count, Avery has cut through all four of his incisor teeth and his bottom 2-year molars are completely in (I haven't been able to spot the top ones yet but those could be in too) That means that since Cullen has been born, he's been doing nothing but teething (and being sick)- What a trooper!

Earlier in the week, Avery was able to have all kinds of adventures outside with dad on the warmer afternoons. He went 'hiking' with Max, got buried in sand down by the river, and got up close and personal with the big equipment that's scattered around the neighborhood. (Construction season is upon us, which is great that Avery gets to watch but not so great that they always seem to make the most noise during naptime...)

4 comments:

  1. Your photo is gorgeous! Its really caught my eye over on Jodi's blog. My little one is totally the same with teeth. We're on the last molars - phew! My little one would be in his element where you live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie!!
      Teething is a tricky business. I want to pull my hair out dealing with the tantrums and moodswings, but at the same time it breaks my heart to think of how painful it must be. Most adults would be cranky too dealing with pain like that! I'm glad to hear you're almost through the worst of it!

      Delete
  2. I hope your family is feeling better VERY soon and that Cullen doesn't get it. I'm sure he won't...those little babies are always healthier than everybody else. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally. It's been a pretty rough week around here to say the least. I don't really get 'sick days' you know? The baby still needs to eat! Thankfully, it seems like Cullen is dodging the sickness, it must be all of those awesome antibodies in the breastmilk! (Thank goodness for them, I have a really hard time telling Avery he can't kiss brother... It's his favorite!)

      Delete