Wednesday, August 3, 2011

365 Project: Week 29 - Here, There, and Everywhere!



I would say this was the first true BUSY week I've had since moving to Indiana. It's been so relaxing being able to slowly unpack and arrange the house the way I want it without any interruptions! This week, I got a JOB (not a teaching job, but one that I think I will really enjoy!) I'll be working as a photographer for Inter-State Studio & Publishing Company, traveling to different schools taking 'school photos'. It's only part-time, but I think It's something I'm really going to enjoy doing - AND I will have free time to make some art, maybe? :)

Also this week, I finished the dresser I've been working on for the past couple of weeks - see the progress and final product here. I was really happy with the way it turned out and look forward to doing more projects like it!

I also participated in my first art show in Indiana at the Monticello Public Library. It was so great to meet so many new people and see some awesome work from local artists - it's nice to know there is a very rich art community here. Even if I don't teach in a school district, I know there are plenty of art opportunities for me!

We also had the opportunity to drive to Rhinelander, WI to see Justin's family over our anniversary weekend! This is the first time everyone has been together SINCE our wedding, so it was a really special time... although it, of course, flew by too fast. I took a bunch of family photos while we were there that I'll be sharing in the next week or so. I love summertime catch-up with family!

How is your summer going? Isn't it UNBELIEVABLE that we've entered into AUGUST?! Hopefully Indiana's summer lasts a little longer that Wisconsin's... (wishful thinking, I know) Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment