This month has been full of visitors and adventures!
Avery got snuggled by lots of family, got in a couple of bike rides, took a trip to the beach (for the second time!), grew out of his 3 month clothes (and some of his 6 months already...), ate lots (growth spurt again?), drooled all over the place, sat up in his bumbo seat and jumped around in his exersaucer, and can hold his head up all on his own!
|We've introduced Avery
to a couple new things this month - his Bumbo seat and his Exersaucer.
He's still trying to figure them both out but is enjoying them so far!
Now that Avery is 3 months old, I'm SO grateful that I'm able to continue to stay home with him and not go back to work. Although I often miss teaching (especially now that it's back-to-school time), It's been a dream of mine to stay home to raise my babies and since moving to Indiana, that dream became a reality. Avery's getting to a point developmentally where he enjoys looking and batting at toys and I'm looking forward to more 'play time' with him in the months to come. I'm glad to be here with him as he's learning new tricks, which happens all the time these days :)
That said, we've definitely had to make some adjustments to living on one income. We're trying to find ways to cut back and conserve money the best we can so we have enough in our account for the basics (mortgage, student loans, groceries, etc.). It's going to be a challenge and we're going to have to get better at budgeting, but we think it's definitely worth it to be able to be home with Avery.
Avery's 'Milestones' This Month:
- He sits up in his Bumbo seat and likes to bat toys around on the tray
- He spends some time in his exersaucer and loves listening/staring at the toys
- Tummy time is becoming more fun now that he can hold his head up! He enjoys staring at toys and mirrors set up in front of him (especially the ones that make noise)
- He chews his right fist all day - we think he's working on fitting the entire thing in his mouth! (the chewing leads to lots of drooling!)
- He's getting good at lifting his feet up when laying on his back - he's so close to rolling right over!
- He greets us every morning with a smile and has the cutest laugh/giggle!
- He 'talks', squeals and 'coughs' at his toys when laying on his play mats
- He met his first GREAT grandpa and took part in a 4 generation Olive men photo! :)
|Fun Fact: The blanket that I took Avery's 11 week photo on was the very same one that my mom took a photo of me on in back in the day. I was about 8 months old in this photo!|
|And since we're cracking out the baby photos, here's one of Justin at 3 months! :) I can definitely see some Avery in that sweet face!|