How is my baby 4 months old?! I'm still convinced that I have the fastest growing child of all time. I'm sure no mother has ever said that... ;)
Avery had his 4 month well-baby checkup the other day and is doing awesome. He weighs in at
16 lbs 14 oz,
(in the 85th percentile) and is
26.5 inches long, (in the 97th percentile!) Surprise, surprise... I know :)
He's developing a strong personality and is oh-so-sweet. He's so content and so alert, taking in everything around him. He's become more vocal this month and gets stronger by the day.
What Avery is up to at 4 Months:
- He FINALLY has a napping routine/schedule that doesn't include the nap-and-nurse all day in my lap
- Nighttime is still pretty hit-or-miss. He usually goes down great, but how long he stays sleeping is another story. Some nights he will get up 6-7 times to nurse, other nights only once. He slept better his first weeks of life than he does now... Sleeping is definitely our biggest challenge.
- He enjoys play sessions on the floor and is so content just hanging out and 'talking' to (and eating) whatever colorful object happens to be nearby.
- He's much more tolerant of 'tummy time' and reaches for things while on his tummy.
- He loves to sit up in his high chair at the table with us and play with toys while watching us eat.
- He prefers to chew on his index and middle fingers
- He loves to go on neighborhood walks with his BFF, Max :)
- He can SIT by himself for short periods of time, and will sit supported forever and play. Sometimes he even gets frustrated when we leave him on his back too long
- He pulls everything into his mouth.
And then he drools on it.
So much drool...
- He blows raspberries :)
- He can get his feet up in the air and roll onto his side, but stops there
- He notices Bella and Jasper and watches them intently
- He's gotten 'spooked' by a few men he's encountered over the last few weeks. We aren't sure if it's their voices or their facial hair or what - hopefully it's just a phase!
- He had his first giggle-fest with daddy over the weekend. He's been giving little 'chuckles' for a while now, but this is the first time he's straight-up giggled. I'm so lucky to have gotten it on video (even Grandma Connie got a laugh out of it!)
This past weekend, Grandma Connie and Grandpa Delbert came to visit and hooked Avery up with some Packers gear! He spent LOTS of time playing, talking and reading with Grandma and even warmed up to Grandpa by the end of the weekend :)