Sunday, February 27, 2011

365 Project: Week 8

Click on images to view larger
Check them out on my Flickr page to read individual descriptions

I've been experiencing quite a bit of creative block lately ... spring is so close I can smell it, yet we seem to keep getting snow, snow and more snow. Even through this slump, I'm pretty happy with the photos that I got for this week. I've been wanting to get a picture of the green barn in the snow for months now so the day I took it, it was like winning a prize :)

I had a couple of snow days at home this week, which was a blessing in disguise because I was able to use that time to create some ceramic bowls as fast as my hands could throw them for the 'Empty Bowls' event that's being hosted in Menomonie next weekend. I got them all thrown and trimmed and am bisque firing them as I type this. As soon as they come out tomorrow, I'm going to have to feverishly glaze them and get them back into the kiln so they are ready to drop off next Friday afternoon. I'll keep you updated on the progress - wish me luck!! 

Also - while we were out and about today, this first sighting of green was a sight for sore eyes indeed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment