Monday, October 10, 2011

365 Project: Week 37 - Beautiful Days and a Very Special Birthday!


What a great week! The weather was so gorgeous - Bella got 2, sometimes 3 walks every day, I was out doing some sports shoots in the afternoons (which is really enjoyable when the weather is this nice!), we hung out at Happy Hollow park (which is beautiful any time of year- but especially in the fall!) and we took a drive down to Rockville, IN where there are more hills and trees, which means even MORE fall goodness! :)

I made a delicious batch of applesauce on Tuesday thanks to my brother, Josh and his girlfriend, Katie for the great crock-pot tip! It was super easy, it turned out so great and my freezer is stacked to get me through the winter! (Mmmmm Mmmmm Mmmm!)

One of the most exciting things this week is that I started AND finished a crochet project in only 2 days! I found this video on YouTube (It is a SUPER easy pattern and the video is really easy to follow, which was helpful for someone like me who took on WAY too complicated of a pattern last year and got so frustrated I ditched the project altogether) I was REALLY impressed with the way it turned out - and it fits me perfectly! (which is nothing short of a small miracle compared to last year's attempt) I was so pumped about the success I had that I also crocheted a flower and added that too - yay for a project finally coming together! This could be the start of a beautiful relationship with crochet :)

It was also BELLA'S 2nd BIRTHDAY on Monday! It's hard to believe we've only had her for 2 years, seeing how much she's grown and how hopelessly in love we are with her :) We celebrated by giving her a extra-thick peanut butter sandwich 'cake' 
She LOVES peanut butter sandwiches... look at that longing in her eyes when we were holding it up for her :)
Just to put things in perspective, here's a picture of Bella on her very first walk ever in early December 2009, when we first brought her home:
How was she EVER this tiny?! :)

And here she is now - Supersized:


I hope your week is off to a good start - I'm off to Denver on Friday to see my very good friend, Liz - I'm excited to bring back photos of the mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment