Sunday, January 2, 2011

365 Project: Week 1

Day 1: We finished enough pieces to fill a kiln! Budha finally gets finished!




I've decided to upload my 365 project photos by the week, instead of trying to keep up by the day. Sundays seem to be the best so even though I only have 2 photos, it's Sunday and I wanted to share the beginning! I go back to school tomorrow, which means back to the reality of NOT being able to do whatever I want all day, so best to keep it as simple as possible :)

Our big achievement for this week was filling up our kiln and firing it, for the first time in months! I thought that was a very fitting event for the first photo of the project!
For those of you that don't know, my husband, Justin and I have an amazing ceramic studio in our garage that gets utilized much less than I'd like. We have 2 kilns, boxes and buckets of clay, a few plaster molds (Budha being our most prized one) and glazes galore. We inherited this utopia from Justin's grandmother who passed away a couple of years ago. While cleaning out her house,  a ceramic studio was unearthed in her basement - how perfect?! So, we rented a U-Haul, packed it to the roof with ceramic delight, and set up shop here! (I was on CLOUD NINE to find this gold mine... I just wish I had more time to use it!)

The rest of the weekend was spent lounging around the house, soaking up the best that married life has to offer!
Day 2: The Married Life - ''Computing' together on the couch

No comments:

Post a Comment