Monday, June 20, 2011

365 Project: Week 23 - Summer Living!


This week was a very relaxing, carefree week - my first full week of summer vacation! Monday was my 26th birthday and I got to spend the day with my amazing sister and mom hunting for furniture and bedding deals for our new house! It was a great day traveling around the state laughing uncontrollably. (Especially about this photo of my 'mini-mother' sitting in the 'big girl chair'  HA HA!)

On Tuesday, I packed up Bella and Jasper and we headed south to Indiana for the week. It was Jasper's first trip of this length, and he did such a great job. He cuddled up in my lap before we got to the end of the driveway and stayed there for the entire 8 hour trip. He was quite the hit at the toll booths, too!

 
During my visit, we have done some bed shopping, exploring, bowling, relaxing and trying to rent out our house in Dayton so we will be ready to move into our NEW HOME in 10 days! (10 days!!!) It's going to be a super busy and super exciting time! 

We also had the opportunity to check out the farmer's market on Saturday, as well as the Taste of Tippecanoe Art Fundraiser event that was held in downtown Lafayette on Saturday evening. It was a great community gathering that included lots of food and music and fireworks! It was also great to see a community coming together to support local art!! I think I'm going to enjoy living in this town! 

I'm also getting work ready for an art exhibit/fundraiser event that I'll be participating in the last week of July! I'll have photo prints and cards to sell and will hopefully get to know some new people! I'm also in the works to get my Etsy shop back up and running - I'll have some new prints, cards and maybe a few surprise items as well!

I hope you're enjoying this summer weather so far! It's storming like crazy in Indiana this morning, but it looks like more warm weather is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment