Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Inspired Wednesdays!

By Wednesday, I'm always ready for a little pick-me-up of some sorts to get me through the rest of the week, so every Wednesday I'm going to start posting something that's inspiring to me that week - and hopefully you can be inspired by it too! Now that spring is here - I'm finding that I'm getting my 'creative mojo' back! 

This week, I've been thinking a lot about how many awesome books I've read lately that have soon after become movies.I am somewhat of a trend follower when it comes to books but I figure there's got to be something to them if they're so popular!
I have been reading LOTS of books on CD lately during my drive to Eau Claire and back every day. It's really the only time I have to sit down and 'read' during the school year! If you haven't tried it, I would recommend trying it. It's not for everyone, but it really helps me to pass the time and 'read' books that I otherwise would never get to. (plus the radio just gets old after awhile...) 

Here are some books I've listened to lately that I would highly recommend putting on your summer reading list:

 Harry Potter By far, the most epic book series ever... I can't get enough. If you haven't read them yet, just do. If you have, it's time to re-read them! The movies are also spectacular. 
The Help (movie coming out in August! Trailer here)
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle A great story that takes place in Wisconsin and highlights the human/dog relationship (although I really disliked the ending, it's definitely worth a read) There's been talk about this one becoming a movie too! 
Water for Elephants I just saw the movie (trailer here) and it's AMAZING - GO SEE IT!! Water for Elephants was seriously one of the best books I've ever read. I listened to it and would HIGHLY recommend listening to this one on CD - to me, the voices MADE the story!  

** For the record, I did read the Twilight series and was really engaged - the books were page-turners! The movies aren't bad either, although I think it's the middle school teacher in me that enjoys this series so much, it's not for everyone.
I just recently finished reading The Hunger Games series (it's all the rave at school and beats out Twilight in my opinion!) 
I really enjoyed these books - a very interesting, political, futuristic fictional series that uses very strong metaphors for what our society is/could be like!
Now, if I know how to pick the made-into-movie books the way I think I do, this series is next!

Next on my list: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - have you read it? It has already become a movie (trailer here), which I haven't seen yet and is part of a Trilogy. (I didn't realize I was that much of a trend following series reader until this post - but they suck me in! I'm just a big middle-schooler inside I guess!)

 
Enjoy! Get reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment